The 2017 Sailing Programe is available to view now by clicking Here. Please note that further events may be added and that event documentation will be added. On-line event entry will also be added for racing events. For details of the Cruising Calendar, please follow this link: Cruising Calendar
Yachtmaster Coastal Skipper Theory
Theory part of Coastal Skipper/Yachtmaster in preparation for the practical course.
Course topics include:
- position fixing
- course shaping and plotting
- tidal knowledge
- use of almanacs and admiralty publications
- electronic position finding
- taking and interpreting forecasts
- plotting weather systems
- weather predictions using a barometer and by observation
- collision regulations
- customs and excise regulations for cruising abroad
The course is taught over 44 hours with exams for those who want a certificate.
Tuesday evenings 19:00 to 21:00
Session 1: Tuesday 13 October to 15 December
Session 2: Tuesday 5 January to 15 March
Session 3: Two Dates after Easter TBA
To include all required materials.
Instructor: Dave Cromer.
For more details see: http://www.rya.org.uk/coursestraining/navigation/pages
Please sign up below or register with the club manager at RUYC